Monday, May 16, 2011

My KitKat Break From The Matrix & Brother Shabazz's Fiery Words

Happy Sunday lovelies, I hope your day is full of positive vibes.. My day started rather slow -laughs- but I'm being productive never-the-less.. This entry may be rather short or long, really depends on how I'm feeling as a flow along ya digg.. 
I need a break from the Matrix of social networks, don't know how long I'll be gone but I'll come back eventually.. I will obviously keep blogging though, letting my words flow out of me is my creative outlet it is what propels me at times when all hope is lost....sheeesh I'm so dramatic -laughs-.. 
I should probably give you all my reason or reasons why I'm doing this....well when I'm busy I don't have time to get on and when I do I get sucked in, I hate it....I mean the sucked in part.. I need to concentrate on school anyway.. Also FB and Twitter mostly Facebook, lets you be all in the next individuals business and I need to concentrate on me instead of certain individuals.. I guess thats it really until my next entry, I wrote some poetry last night....it's not postable <---(yes I totally just made that up) yet.. So perhaps next entry I'll post one then.. 
I want to leave you all with a few of my favorite quotes from some of El Hajj Malik El Shabazz's  (Malcolm X for those of you who don't know him by his Muslim name) speeches..


Book: Malcolm X Speaks by George Breitman


At The Audubon 12/20/1964
"But when you have people who look exactly like you, and you are catching hell, to boot, and you still are reluctant or hesitant or slow to identify with them, then you need to catch hell, yes. You deserve all the hell you get." pg.130 
"I'm not one who goes for "We Shall Overcome.'' I just don't believe we're going to overcome, singing. If you're going to get yourself a .45 and start singing "We Shall Overcome," I'm with you. But I'm not for singing that doesn't at the same time tell you how to get something to use after you get through singing." pg.135


To Mississippi Youth 12/31/1964
"The internal moral consciousness of this country is bankrupt. It hasn't existed since they first brought us over here and made slaves out of us." pg.142
The rest of my favorite quotes in this speech are like a paragraph long..


Prospects for Freedom 1/7/1965
"They should get down on their hands and knees every morning and thank God that 22 million black people have not become anti-American." pg.149

After the Bombing 2/14/1965
Really pay attention to pg.162 pg.163 pg.169 pg.172 ("you're not an American")
"In hating Africa and in hating the Africans, we ended up hating ourselves, without even realizing it. Because you can't hate the roots of a tree, and not hate the tree. You can't hate your origin and not end up hating yourself. You can't hate africa and not hate yourself." pg.168


I hope you all pick up this book when you have the chance, it definitely shows you a side of brother Shabazz the media tried to distort.. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday night, stay blessed.. If you need to get in contact with me to get my number so you can stay in contact with me during my hiatus; email me, via twitter DM, via FB message me..


Peace & Blessings, That Black Girl



Blog Archive