Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Tribute to Gil Scott-Heron

What a beautiful mind..
Evening wonderful people, hope you all are safe at home and staying blessed.. In case you hadn't heard influential grandfather of hip-hop Gil Scott-Heron passed away this afternoon.. I didn't know much about him but now that I sit and listen to his muzik, I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle used to play his muzik when I was a child.. There aren't many words I can say that would encompass the creative genius this brother was.. So I'll post some muzik (via youtube) so you can experience a little Heron.. He will be forever remembered, missed but never forgotten..

Message to the Messengers


The Revolution Will Not Be Televised



I'm New Here


B Movie [I love how he says his name..]



Home Is Where The Hatred Is




Rest in paradise brother Heron..




Peace & Blessings, That Black Girl


Images:
Young GS-Heron 
Elder GS-Heron 







Blog Archive